- Identifying Records: To help us provide records promptly, please provide specific information about the records you seek including the record name, subject matter, author's name, date, office, or department that created the record.
- Time Deadlines: UC Davis has 10 days to determine if it will disclose the requested records. A limited 14-day extension may apply. If records cannot be provided within these deadlines, we will provide an estimated delivery date, and the records will be disclosed in a reasonable period of time.
- Copying Fees: UC Davis charges 20 cents per page as the direct cost for duplicating records. When the campus must compile or extract electronic data or perform computer programming, it may charge its full costs.
- Exemptions: UC Davis will provide access to all public records upon request, unless the law provides an exemption from mandatory disclosure. Examples of exempt records may include: personnel records, investigative records, drafts, confidential legal advice, records prepared in connection with litigation, and information that may be kept confidential under other state or federal laws.
Requests for Statements of Economic Interest Forms (Form 700)
- Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700): If you would like to obtain a copy of the Form 700 of a UC public official, you may email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also obtain a Form 700 by dialing the Office of the General Counsel at 510-987-9800. Press “0” to speak with a receptionist, and ask to obtain a Form 700 from the Form 700 assistant. Finally, you may request a Form 700 if you enter UC Office of the President at 1111 Franklin Street during business hours by using the courtesy lobby phone to call the Office of the General Counsel. Appointments are not required to obtain copies of Form 700’s, but emailing or calling in advance of coming to the building will expedite the response to your request.