California Public Records Act (CPRA), Information Practices Act (IPA), Freedom of Information (FOIA) requests may be submitted to the Information Practices Team using any of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: Public Records Request Portal
- US Mail: UC Davis Information Practices Team
Mrak Hall, Davis, California 95616
- Telephone: (530) 754-6295
Tips and Reminders when making a request:
- Identifying Records: To help us provide records promptly, please provide specific information about the records you seek which may include:
- Title of the document
- Subject matter
- Author's name
- Date ranges
- Names of departments, offices or employees who would likely have records
- Time Deadlines: UC Davis has 10 days to determine (1) whether requested records exist and (2) whether it is likely there are exemptions that will affect the disclosure of the records. A limited 14-day extension may apply to extend the 10-day notice period for voluminous or complex requests. These deadlines do not apply to the delivery of records.
- Delivery of Records: We will provide an estimated record delivery date as part of the 10-day notice. Our team endeavors to provide records as quickly as possible, but many factors, such as the volume and complexity of a particular request, the time any subject employees are able to devote to gathering and reviewing records, and the number of requests that are currently in progress, may impact our timing. We will provide updated anticipated record delivery dates periodically as the work progresses.
- Copying Fees: UC Davis charges 20 cents per page for the direct cost of duplicating records. When the campus must compile or extract electronic data or perform computer programming, it may charge its full costs.
- Exemptions: The Public Records Act contains a number of exemptions that may cause UC Davis to withhold portions of records, or full records, from time to time. Examples of records exempt from disclosure include: personnel records, investigative records, drafts, confidential legal advice, and records prepared in connection with litigation. We work diligently to apply the legal exemptions in a fair and objective manner, which in certain cases can extend the time for the delivery of records.
- Other important information: CPRA requests can be made anonymously, as long as contact information is provided (such as an email) for correspondence and the release of records.
- Statement of Economic Interest (Form 700): Copies of Statements of Economic Interest (Form 700s) of a UC Davis public official should be obtained from the UC Office of the President (UCOP) directly (email@example.com).
- Employees’ Own Personnel Records: UC Davis employees may contact Aggie Service to obtain copies of their own personnel records, including position descriptions and other related records and information.
Prior to making a request, you may find information in the Frequently Asked Questions section helpful.